The Powell Press Building is Downtown Peoria’s oldest building. Built in 1852, the building has served a number of different commercial applications, its last occupant was a printing shop. The building was given to the Central Illinois Landmarks Foundation. In 1997 Kenyon and Associates moved the building from its location on the 200 block of Washington Street to its new site on the River Front Landing to serve as the River Front Visitors Center. Kenyon and Associates’ work on this project included preparation for and coordination of the move, site development and design of the new foundation, and an interior/exterior renovation.